From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 4:59 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: SWMA question

Paul:

IBM has no part in this game, IBM's policies on this have been standard
and constant for some time. 99% of the customers that get those
invoices from a BP do exactly what yours did, ignore it. It's up to the
partner to have a sales function that makes sure the customer re-ups the
maintenance not IBM. While I was with one of the largest partners, we
had a special sales person that did nothing but update SWMA contracts
and Passport Advantage contracts. She had by far and away the largest
margins of all the sales functions of the company.

You want to know who to be angry with, the customer who ignored the
invoice and the partner that did bother to follow up on his biggest
margin item, SWMA renewals.

Pay the stupid penalty and don't forget next time.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects