OK So nobody wants to really answer the question so here goes.

YES you get the new Java 7 bits from ESS but a bit more detail:

1) After picking the system to download software for select the first option in the list 5770-SS1 "IBM i" and click continue.
2) Select your language (Group 1 for most of us) and click Continue.
3) You will get a page listing 5770-SS1 again with a total download size of 26GB. YEEEEE HA! (Hope you got a big pipe!)
4) Don't panic (sorry) but check the box Next to IBM i and click continue.
5) You will get a legal page with lots of opportunity to read IBM stuff. Read all you want, then click "I agree" (assuming you do.)
6) You get terrifying numbers like 1,482 days to download on a 56K Modem. OK Maybe it's hours but it's long. WAY at the bottom click "Use HTTP"
7) Near the bottom of the IBM i section are two links. One each for the 32 and 64 bit versions. Total is under 300MB (Wheeeeeew!)
8) Download them, unzip them, put 'em in an image catalog, install them.
9) Now do what Tim said.

Yer done.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis