From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stone, Joel
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 2:18 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: ovrdbf scope

I would like to

OVRDBF FILE1 position(*KEYAE 1 *N &File1Key)

Loop1: RCVF

Process record ...

Call pgmB (which happens to read and reposition FILE1 cursor)

If not EOF goto loop1

When the pgm loops back to Loop1, the cursor has been repositioned by pgmB, which messes up my loop.

Is there anything I can do with the top OVRDBF to ensure that it ignores any repositioning of the file cursor in programs down the stack?

Or must I save off the key values and reposition the file with another ovrdbf?

Thanks!

This outbound email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Skyscan service.