Thanks for sharing your experience!

It is true ladies and gentlemen that the lack of cache can in fact have a severe impact on performance. As with all things computing YMMV but safe to say that it's very rare when I suggest to a customer that it truly is OK to replace batteries while the system is running actual production workloads. Rarely a customer doesn't even notice but the only way to know if this will 'hurt' is to do it and then if it hurts, that sucks.

It has been my experience that the recharge time is significantly less than you saw but just like a UPS if the battery isn't charged there is no backup.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis