Thanks Charles,

I'll have to walk through this with my live data adjusting for my column names. In fact, the schema is very similar with the punch being part of the record and the IN or OUT being recorded by the device.

Things get interesting when the punch records aren't done correctly such as:

(1111,'IN' , '9:05:00','2012-05-16'),
,(1111,'IN','11:50:00','2012-05-16'), <- Punched in again instead of out
,(2222,'IN' , '9:10:00','2012-05-17')
,(3333,'IN' , '9:11:00','2012-05-17')
,(1111,'OUT' , '9:11:00','2012-05-17') <- Was this supposed to be an IN?
,(3333,'IN' , '9:11:00','2012-05-17')
,(3333,'OUT','10:15:00','2012-05-17')
,(1111,'OUT','10:20:00','2012-05-17')
,(1111,'IN' , '9:07:00','2012-05-18')
,(3333,'IN' , '9:11:00','2012-05-18')
,(3333,'OUT','10:14:00','2012-05-18')
,(1111,'OUT','22:20:00','2012-05-18')

The challenge is that the pairings aren't always correct and discerning when the paring crossed a date border and WAS correct is devilishly difficult. But, I'll give your code a try when I get back to my office (in transit at the moment) and experiment a bit.

Thanks

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.petesworkshop.com