I love you! (Because I SELL disk!)

Generally a fair rule is to Perm Apply ALL PTFs when you are preparing to do a CUME install. You might think that by not perm applying PTFs you'll have the ability to remove PTFs at will but the truth is that many MANY PTFs get perm applied anyway so they cannot be removed and others have so many 'Friends and Relatives' (PRE and CO-Reqs) that in practice they are nearly impossible to remove as well. Finally by not perm applying them the "A" copy of the LIC and the "B" copy get further and further apart. Should you ever need the "A" copy it may be far enough back to cause issues.

Then to mute the entire issue if you look at the cover letter for the MF99004 (Base LIC for TR4) PTF you'll find that it must be perm applied and it supersedes about 750 PTFs all by itself!

So do yourselves a favor, SAVSYS & SAVLIB *IBM (at a minimum, SAVE 21 is better), PERM apply All PTFs, Load TR4 and the current CUME, HIPER, and DB then repeat the SAVE 21.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis