On 16 May 2012 13:44, John McKee wrote:
I now have two FTP steps in a single CL. Same files sent to different
servers.

I was hoping to combine the output from the two sessions in a single
spool file.

I tried some variations using OVRDBF and OVRPRTF. I either get no
spool file, or two.

Can they be combined?

Which output from FTP? The OUTPUT as the [effective STDOUT] standard output for the STRTCPFTP client? If so, then the easiest might be to combine the two FTP requests into a single interactive [or batch scripted] session; i.e. CLOSE the current connection, and OPEN the new connection, rather than two implicit connection OPEN each with their own QUIT. Otherwise:

The key to making the OVRDBF and OVRPRTF combine the output from two separate OPEN\CLOSE requests by the two distinct requests to FTP, is to ensure that /the same/ open is performed *before* the other feature opens, and that the first open allows sharing; and hope that the other feature can\will indeed share the ODP. This is possible with the FTP client for its standard output:

Here is one way [to a database file] within a CLP:

ovrdbf OUTPUT tofile(theLib/theFile) mbr(theMbr) +
ovrscope(*job) opnscope(*job) share(*yes)
opndbf OUTPUT *ALL /* FTP opens in this way */
/* future OPEN of OUTPUT can share this OPEN DBF ODP */
... /* at least setup INPUT */
strtcpftp server1 ...
... /* probably setup INPUT for other server */
strtcpftp server2 ...
clof OUTPUT
dltovr OUTPUT lvl(*job)

Effectively the same tactic as that shown above for a database file can be utilized with a printer file, using OVRPRTF. There is however no simple OPNPRTF command. And when I have used RPG to open the printer file, I have had to keep the RPG program active for whatever reason, because my program seems to close the printer file regardless of the request to keep the open scoped to the job. I never followed up on my difficulty, as it was merely to show someone how... and they were responsible for the Common Data Management feature, so I figured they would investigate that if there was a concern.

ovrprtf OUTPUT tofile(qsysprt) +
ovrscope(*job) opnscope(*job) share(*yes)
call opnOutput /* open OUTPUT; call FTPcl */
dltovr OUTPUT lvl(*job)

Regards, Chuck