OK. But I was replying specifically to when the usage of a DataLink column was "without Link Control via the DLFM", which I infer would be the case for using "DB2 for i to links on a Windows network?" Unless the Windows network files were accessed via a DB2 LUW [or other DRDA AS] DataLink File Manager (DLFM), the files would\could not be "linked", and would be little more than a URL.?

Regards, Chuck