Well if you don't see something in QHST I suspect some of your QHST files have been deleted. Assuming your shop saves QHST files you can restore those for the date in question.

QHST files are named as follows (taken from IBM's documentation).

Log-Version:

Each log-version is a physical file that is named in the following way:

Qxxxyydddn

Where:
xxx is a 3 character description of the log type (HST)
yyddd is the Julian date on which the log-version was created
n is a sequence number within the Julian date (0 through 9 or A through Z)

When a log-version is full, a new version of the log is automatically created.

Each QHSTyydddn file's text description is in the format

cyymmddhhmmsscyymmddhhmmss

Again from IBM's documentation:

The text of the log version file contains the date and time of the first message and last message in the log version. The date and time of the first message are in positions 1-13 of the text; the date and time of the last message are in positions 14-26. The date and time are in the format cyymmddhhmmss, where:

c Is the century guard digit
yymmdd Is the date the message was sent
hhmmss Is the time the message was sent

So if you WANT to restore history logs you can do something like the following.

1. DSPTAP DEV(TAP01) DATA(*SAVRST) OUTPUT(*PRINT)
2. Scan the output for the QHSTyyddd you want. You can write a quick CL to convert the date to Julian format - See CVTDAT command.
3. Restore the QHSTyydddn files you need.
4. Run the DSPLOG command again.

Gary Monnier