File sharing is still HUGELY slow and unreliable after all these years when using NetServer/QNTC.

We have resorted to other methods such as using NFS shares to Windows servers (which works well) and also using SAMBA for Netbios file copies from the i.

We have asked to get the SAMBA server and client implemented on i.

I'm not sure if our IBM requirement will ever make it into the OS, but we at least tried :-)

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 3
date: Wed, 02 May 2012 23:48:55 -0500
from: Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Shared File Access Slow

Rogers

What version of the OS are you on? IBM has improved IFS performance some, although still not optimum when compared to file servers on Windows.

I hope someone can contradict that statement - we (RJS) have a requirement in to IBM around this matter.

Vern