Another reason to stay current on code
I was supposed to do a disk upgrade on a DS4XXX enclosure... Firmware
was at 6.60.xx customer had never upgraded it. Fixcentral had 7.70.60
and no warnings whatsoever on the readme file (other than, read all
readmes before this one, that are NOT easily avaiable).
Disks where tested on a DS4XXX enclosure whose controllers where at 7.xx.xx.
To make it short. 12 hours after the task started we were back at 6.60
and with no upgrade (upgrade from 6.60 yo 7.70 was supposed to be
staggered by going to 7.10 or 7.36 first and we didnt have the serial
minidin to db9 cable on hand)
There was a retain about staggered updates that was not exactly easy to find.
Therefore. KEEP THE CODE UP TO DATE, at least, up to where you can. If
you dont have SWMA you may not be able to go up to v7r1, but you can
surely check the cover letters and apply the lastest PTFs, same with
the HMC and server firmware.

Best Regards,

PS: Do this updates BEFORE the big day unless you want surprises like
the retain tip above...