Yup, back when I started doing web stuff (10 years ago), IE was much more mature than Mozilla and there were a lot of differences between the two in how they implemented JavaScript. Event handling in particular is still problematic between the two. If you insist on writing your own UI it takes a lot of work to handle multiple browsers, which is why these days it makes a lot more sense to use a framework like Dojo.

Joe

Easy Joe, haven't you said in the past that you sometimes rely upon MSIE
features for some things you do, like a webby 5250 interface? Just
picking on you. I agree that both should render fine and it should be
resolved.