Tried a similar statement in iSeries Nav and it worked well too.

Paul Therrien
Ext: 551

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Buzz Fenner
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 10:41 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SQL using WITH/AS

I've stared at this simple select statement until I've gotten a headache. It must be something simple that I've missed. This is the syntax:

WITH temp (balance,cus#) AS

(SELECT field1+field2+field3 AS balance,cus#

FROM lib.file)

FROM temp

WHERE balance>0

The processor doesn't like the '>' but I believe it's actually pointing to a problem with my mapped field - balance. I've substituted = for >; it still throws the same error (SQL0104). However, if I run the script eliminating the WHERE clause in the full-select, it runs nicely returning both columns as I think they should look.

I hate arguing with script processors. BTW, I'm doing this using System i Navigator.

Buzz Fenner

Business Systems Analyst/Systems Administrator

City Water & Light

870.930.3374 | 870.219.5229