From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:51 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SQL0104 Token (fieldname) not valid from .NET data provider

On 18Apr2012 08:43, Maassel, John R. wrote:
<<SNIP>>

My SQL statement looks like this:

SELECT INVID, INVCONO, INVUNNO, INVNUM, INVDATE, INVVENDNM ,
INVFOODAMT, INVNFAMT, INVCOMMENT, INVACCT, INVVHVECO , INVVHIREF,
INVVHAUDT, INVVHVEND, INVIMS, INVVEND FROM FINPINV WHERE invcono =
@cono AND invunno = @unno AND invvhiref IS NULL

I then add the parameters in and run the query. I get:
Token INVUNNO was not valid. Valid tokens: FOR SKIP WITH FETCH ORDER UNION
EXCEPT OPTIMIZE.

FWiW: If the replacement text for @cono is blank(s) or the empty string, having been applied to the statement text prior to SQL parsing, then the adjusted statement [e.g. "... WHERE invcono = AND invunno =..."] should fail with the -104 sqlcode for a syntax error, having identified the INVUNNO located after the "AND" as being problematic along with the noted list of expected valid tokens.

Regards, Chuck