Actually it sounds like a DNS issue. If my memory servers me, all devices are on the same subnet. You may not have an internal DNS entry. The other issue that I have seen is duplicate ip address. Linux based systems such as the Mac have a real problem yet windows appears to not care. The last thing to check is the subnet mask on the i and Mac

Sent from my iPhone