On 19 Apr 2012 10:19, Stone, Joel wrote:
I am creating a printer file and writing to it.

I don't want page breaks.

The OS creates page breaks at a seemingly maximum length of what it
thinks is 22.75 inches using OVRPRTF.

Is there a way to OVRPRTF or some way to eliminate any page breaks?

Symptom is email has a white space of several inches between text
lines at each page break (of course there are no page breaks, but
the OS thinks there should be).

Using *ROWCOL as "Measurement method" (PAGESIZE) for *SCS printing, I have produced output with effectively no page break using a "Start Line" of 1 when opening the printer file, and ensuring that both the Overflow Line (OVRFLW) setting matches the Page Length (PAGESIZE) and that Print text (PRTTXT) is *BLANK [to avoid overprinting]. AFaIK there is [still] no "Start Line" support via the PRTF; irrespective of value for use with program described files, that specification is not available via parameter specification on any of CRTPRTF, CHGPRTF, nor OVRPRTF.

I can explain how to produce such output using Query/400, if for example a review of the "print control" or "forms control" effect would have any value to ensure the effect is desirable; e.g. by review of output from "cpysplf qpquprfil ctlchar(*prtctl)"

Regards, Chuck