I have a Ricoh Affinity printer (Dev type=*IPDS, AFP=*YES) which I cannot print within ½" of the top & left margins using AFP commands (box, line, etc).

However, an overlay of lines WILL print in the ½" margins - at the ¼" mark, which is where I need them to print.

Using AFP commands and an external printer file, EVERYTHING is shifted down & to the right ½".

I created an external printer file.

Most printers behave perfectly.

Must I code variable positioning for EACH AFP command to get this printer to behave as other AFP printers?

For example, I would like to code a BOX command as

BOX (.16 .2 10.5 8.31 *MEDIUM) to print a border around a page at ¼" from all sides.

Must I code as

BOX (&ULvert &ULhoriz &LRvert &LRhoriz *MEDIUM)

and move different values into the box corners to get this to work on all printers?

This seems really ugly and should not be necessary.

Am using FRONTMGN(*DEVD) to force a larger print area. Is this causing problems between printers?

Why do overlays print where a printer file output cannot print?

Are there any MARGIN type commands that will allow me to over-ride settings and use the entire page? Or at least offset from the same place for different printers?

Thanks!

This outbound email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Skyscan service.