Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 4/13/2012 12:41 PM, Nathan Andelin wrote:
Good response, Jim. Perhaps one clarification is that you can assign job priority and time slice to sub-systems, which affect CPU allocations to servers like Tomcat.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Oberholtzer<midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: Questions about subsystems and performance (both in general and specific to Tomcat)

In order:

Processor is not allocated at the subsystem level, rather at the
partition level. While there are methods to control how much memory is
used by a subsystem and its jobs, there is no way I am aware of (at this
point) to control processor at the subsystem level.

Any subsystem will do, but you have to tune it properly. I like to set
up routing to push specific workloads into shared memory pools where I
can not control some of the performance.

None of this is hard once you understand the job routing on the system.