The job status of SVFW is probably not directly related to the messages about the journal missing [and thus files being created without journaling active]. The SVFW status implies that the database restore activity [above the LIC] mucking about looking for and notifying of the missing journal was almost surely _not_ delaying the attempt to load the data from the save file [performed by LIC\LD tasks]. Instead, that some disk access delays would have been the origin for the noticed "wait"; little difference should exist between two of the same restore with regard to disk access, given the existence of the journal in one restore but not in the other.

The looking for and diagnosing of the condition for the non-existent *JRN object would account for extra work, and thus some extra time to complete a restore, however many other issues could exist for the "much longer" effect; e.g. access path rebuilds often are an impact. Messaging alone for that scenario is probably not too much of an impact, even with a very large number of database *FILE objects being affected. Doubtful much impact at all, on the restore [LIC load] feature accessing the data in the save file, because the messaging is mostly CPU and the disk access for messages is the active job message queue.

To prevent the diagnostic messaging for the restore, the /restore/ should be treated as the /recovery/ it was. The journal should have been accounted for [created or restored] in advance of the restore, just as would be done for a disaster recovery scenario. Any database file object restore which is not restoring over an existing object, as other than merely a data restore, is a /recovery/ scenario for which the special considerations of DR need be considered also for these more specific restores. I recall discussions [on this list] about using the QDFTJRN [or newer iteration of that] support to force journaling to an alternate journal than originally defined for the files being restore, to modify the more strict DR definition for such a restore.

Regards, Chuck