From: Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 04/04/2012 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: Printing web format images (JPG) from IBM i

Unfortunately, AFPRSC is one AFPDS keyword that is not supported by HPT...

Charles

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Dan Kimmel <dkimmel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Take a look at the AFPRSC keyword on an AFP-capable print file DDS V7R1.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzakd/rzakdmstafprsc.htm

A file with a .jpg extension is typically a jpeg image contained in a
JFIF file format. AFPRSC directly supports this format.

Most likely you're going to have to use Host Print Transform to get this
to a printer. I'd think HPT and any HP-PCL variant would work.

I know with PAGSEG's resolution to the actual object happened at print
writer time. That is, the spool file would be created and hang around in
the outq without ever fetching the image, then the print writer would find
and merge in the file. In other words, don't expect to run the RPG to the
print file and then delete the image file; it needs to hang around until
the print writer runs.

I haven't had a chance to play with AFPRSC yet, myself, but it promises
to do just what you want. It looks pretty simple, supply a name, a type,
position, and a path to find the file. You may also add size and some
scale-to-fit mapping options.