I was reading Paul Tuohy's article at
http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg040412-story01.html and I had a couple of
questions:

1) Isn't there some way to also sort it by how expensive each index
request was? For example, sure it may need the index several hundred
times but if it only takes .00000001 nanoseconds to build the index is
that any more expensive than 75 requests that take 5 minutes to build the
temporary index (or whatever it does)? Would that be "Average of Query
Estimates"?

2) Is there some way to see what job/program is running the sql
statement? I see this sql statement:
UPDATE QTEMP / WHS SET ONHAND = : H WHERE WPROD = : H ;
and this kind of usage:
Times advised for Query Use: 106,195,819
estimated index creation time: 00:00:01
Rows in table when advised: 42,299

Since it's in QTEMP obviously building the index ahead of time is out.
Knowing what program to modify to do so would be beneficial. If it's not
vendor written I might even come up with better logic