That font resource probably just doesn't include the glyphs for characters that big. I believe that's a fixed-scale font; others might correct me. To be safe check the library list of the print writer job that is trying to print that spool file.

Resolution of fonts is a fairly complex animal. The print writer talks to the printer to determine if the printer has the resources to resolve the font. If it doesn't, it'll attempt to download the font. If the printer can't accept the font, the print writer will try to inline the glyphs. This is all if the printer is an IFPDS printer. If it's Host Print Transform, the print writer and HPT cooperate to talk to the printer (PCL or other language) and download scalable fonts; all very confusing and I haven't figured it all out, yet.

In any case, the library list of your job writing to the print file has very little to do with font resolution. All of that is done by the print writer jobs which start up with their own special job descriptions that include the font resource libraries.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stone, Joel
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 3:27 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: larger font desired

Iseries is giving msg "Unknown code page name T1SKB005, default values used. "

R PFTEXT1R
PFTEXT1 10 POSITION(.5 4.5)
FNTCHRSET(C0S0CI10 T1SKB005 +
(*POINTSIZE 20))

How can I see what code pages are on my system?

WRKFNTRSC FNTRSC(*ALL/C0S0CI10) shows font char set exists, is that enough?

I have an source overlay which shows the following fonts in use successfully:

Display Source Overlay Font

Font number . . . . . . . . : 1
Font type . . . . . . . . . : 3 Code page and font character set
Code page . . . . . . . . . : T1SKB005
Font character set . . . . . : C0S0CI10
Point size . . . . . . . . . : *NONE
Text . . . . . . . . . . . . : Italic

I tried to match the printer file to these values, but receive the msg "Unknown code page name T1SKB005, default values used. "

Any suggestions to get this font to print properly? (Italic, font ½" high)

Thanks!