Hi Peter, Many thanks for your suggestion below. RegardsRaja
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:48:22 -0700
From: petercdow@xxxxxxxxx
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Question Re OPNQRYF

Hi Raja,

Take a look at the MAPFLD parameter of OPNQRYF. You can use it to create
a new field as a result of calculations, or, as in your case,
effectively rename a field.

--
*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.

On 3/24/2012 1:44 AM, Raja Ayyer wrote:

Hello Fellow Midrangers ! I'd appreciate if anyone can help / clarify a question re OPNQRYF: One of my CL program creates 2 temporary files in QTEMP, one containing a before image of data (FILE 1) from a physical file and the other containing after image (FILE 2) from the same physical file. After creation of these temporary files in QTEMP, the program then does an OPNQRYF joining these two temporary files to extract data into a third file (FILE 3). I have a requirement whereby the third file (as a result of the OPNQRY) contains most of the information from FILE 1 and one field (ECESDATE) from FILE 2. This field also exists in FILE 1 which is also required to be extracted into FILE 3. However, during runtime, OPNQRYF is complaining about the same field (ECESDATE) existing in both the files (FILE 1& FILE 2). Due to restrictions in promoting to the production environment, I have not considered using RUNQRY or even RUNSQLSTMT (because of other object overheads involved in pr
om
otion). Can this be achieved in OPNQRYF? If it is possible, I'd appreciate if anyone can explain how. Thanks!Raja