Excellent link Chuck...

On 3/20/2012 8:57 AM, CRPence wrote:
That conclusion, presumably per the *DTAARA object by that name does not exist on the IBM i 7.1 system being used? FWiW: Capabilities implemented using *DTAARA objects, typically via PTF [originally], for which a feature enhancement has not yet supplanted the need, there is a requirement to "create" the data area. The feature will function without the /enhancement/ when the object does not exist, and should similarly IMNSHO, if the user is not authorized; i.e. only after the object is created and established to affect the behavior from the defaults, would the enhancement be available. FWiW: An actual v7r1 doc reference to the data area: _Margin (FRONTMGN and BACKMGN) parameters_ http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzalu/rzalumargin.htm " ... If you do not have data area QPRTVALS on your system, you can create one by using the following commands: 1. CRTDTAARA DTAARA(QUSRSYS/QPRTVALS) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(256) ... " Some of the above quoted text from the docs was purposely omitted... Ugh! Apparently some dev and\or writer know nothing of security :-( Regards, Chuck