From: Bob Schwartz <rschwartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:48 AM
Subject: Re: tn5250j HTTP server configuration on V5R4

Hi Nathan, thank you for the for tips. I did make some progress.

Notes:

1. No, we currently do not serve web pages from our i server.

2. Change made to default Apache HTTP server: Renamed default index.html to _ORIGINAL_index.html

3. Created new index.html like this ...

  <HTML>
  <HEAD>
  <TITLE>AS/400 Display Session</TITLE>
  </HEAD>
  <BODY>
  <H2>AS/400 Display Session</H2>

  <APPLET
    CODEBASE = "/java/tn5250j"
    CODE    = "org.tn5250j.My5250App.class"
    NAME    = "tn5250j - Java Telnet 5250 Client "
    ALT      = "tn5250j cannot start. Browser may not support Java."
    WIDTH    = 600
    HEIGHT  = 400
    HSPACE  = 0
    VSPACE  = 0
    ALIGN    = top
    ARCHIVE  = "tn5250j.jar"

  <PARAM NAME ="host" VALUE= "10.15.0.10">
  <PARAM NAME ="-e" VALUE= " ">
  </APPLET>

  </BODY>
  </HTML>

4. Added the tn5250j directories (ftp, java, www) to /www/apachedft/htdocs
  htdocs  ---+--- ftp  ---+

              |            +--- tn5250j

                          +--- images

5. Started the HTTP server APACHEDFT

6. Now When I browse to the server at port 80 I get the following error:
    Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.tn5250j.My5250App.class