All,

We have a user whose printer gets changed every day and I can't figure out
what is happening.

Quick background. He used to use P6. P6 died of natural causes (old age)
and is gone. This user now wants to use P4.

His user profile says JOBD(QDFTJOBD). QDFTJOBD says PRTDEV(*USRPRF). Go
back to his user profile and it says PRTDEV(*WRKSTN). These settings have
been in place for many years and have not changed. It is also the same
setup as every other user. No one else is having this issue.

His device descriptions are set to PRTDEV(P4) OUTQ(*DEV). Every night at
10pm a job scheduler job does a RTVCFGSRC of all devices (I've done this
for as long as I can remember). The retrieved source says the devices are
at P4.

After he signed on in the morning, his jobs are using printer RICOH1 (the
system printer) and his device descriptions say PRTDEV(*SYSVAL). I can
have him sign off, change the device descriptions back to P4, have him sign
on, and his jobs will say P4 as well as the device descriptions say P4. He
will be fine all day. The RTVCFGSRC at 10pm tonight will say P4. Tomorrow
morning his jobs will be back to RICOH1. This has happened every day for a
couple of weeks now.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to check his device descriptions BEFORE he signs
on.

Something is happening between 10pm and the following morning and I'm
simply at a loss for where else to look. Job scheduler job? I can't
imagine what I may have put out there that would only affect his device
descriptions.

Thanks for any ideas.