From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gord Hutchinson
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:21 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Index Advisor Recommending EVI

How reliable are the Index Advisor recommendations for creating an EVI?

I have a table which last Saturday had 622,804 rows with 60,922 distinct
values of the key field for which the advisor is recommending an EVI.
Currently there are 61,752 distinct values out of 635,428 rows.

This table grows by 20K to 30K rows per week. There are also lots of
updates and deletes to the table.

This seems like a lot higher number of distinct entries than I've seen
recommended for an EVI.

Gord