Michael, thank you, I did not know that, and I appreciate the demo.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Schutte
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 6:32 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: sql v opnqryf

Gary, I believe that the order by inside a CTE is ignored.

i.e. with this query, it's still in RRN order.

WITH cte as (
SELECT rrn(build) rrn, build.*
FROM build
ORDER BY BUNAME)
SELECT *
FROM cte

RRN Act/Del Building Building
Code Number Name

1 2 WAUKESHA WI BLDG 2
2 3 WAUKESHA WI BLDG 3
3 6 ANNEX
4 16 ANNEX
5 25 CHINO CALIF
6 35 SAN BERNARDINO
8 53 ORD GATEWAY - CHICAGO
11 69 RICKENBACKER
12 75 1675 - WATKINS

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah, once you start replacing OPNQRYF with SQL you don't go back.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738