Re: OVRDBF problem

fixed

Will it work without changing what already exists in Program B?

OVRDBF FILE(FILEX) TOFILE(&LIBA/&FILEA)

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 9:15 PM, sjl <sjl_abc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Vinay -

If you use OVRDBF FILE(&LIBA/&FILEA) MBR(&MBRA) OVRSCOPE(*JOB) in program A
before calling program B, it should work.

After the call to program B in program A you should also have DLTOVR
(&LIBA/&FILEA) LVL(*JOB)

- sjl

Vinay wrote:
Hi,

I am hoping someone here can help me figure out how to solve this with
minimal changes.

I have a CLLE Program A (which is always a submitted job) which has the
Library, File and Member information (&LIBA, &FILEA, &MBRA).

Program A calls a CLLE Program B with only Library & File as parameters
(&LIBA &FILEA).

Program B does an OVRDBF for FILEX with Library & File name -

OVRDBF FILE(FILEX) TOFILE(&LIBA/&FILEA)

and then calls CBLLE Program C, which opens the file.

I want the &MBRA to be opened.

I am free to change Program A.

Program B is an old program being called from multiple places, so I want
minimum changes to it (avoid passing a new parameter, if possible).

Is there a way I can do an override in Program A, then in Program B, if an
override exists, do not do an additional override. Or maybe change the
OVRDBF command in Program B, so that the previous override takes
precedence? If the program B is not called from any other program, I want
the override to work as is.

TIA
Vinay