I'm beginning to wonder also. I checked out CHCCTL and have managed to
protect the choices alright, but the text associated to the protected
choice is coloured blue!!

Le 7 mars 2012 22:42, Porterfield, Sean <
SPorterfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

If a radio button selection works, wouldn't a single field of values 1, 2,
3 be equivalent? I don't see why you'd need to have the complication of
multiple Y/N fields.
--
Sean Porterfield

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:
midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 08:44
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: How do I protect a SNGCHCFLD?

Thanks Booth,
That's a technique that I haven't used and I'm not sure if I understand.
If I create another format F2 and then write F1, EXFMT F2, what stops the
user from placing the cursor in F1 that contains the SNGCHCFLD and changing
it?

Secondly, the user can view the data but also choose to print a letter of
acknowledgment by changing one other field on the screen, so it's not
entirely protected.

At the moment I have 3 radio buttons. 1 = no choice, 2 = first choice, 3 =
second choice.

It all works great except for the protected issue. I'm being given no time
to look at this properly, so it looks like I will have to go back to
ordinary B fields. I'll have 2 fields that can be Yes or No each, but only
one yes and one no and at least one yes... And all the error messages that
go with it.