From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
elehti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 8:26 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Maybe "AS/400" name will again become the official name
foroursystem!

Paul Nelson,
<grin> no one can improve on a great name like "AS/400" or "iPad".
Eric
See
http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/07/tech/mobile/apple-new-ipad-name/index.html
?hpt=hp_t2

Why doesn't the 'new iPad' have a name? . . .
Question was on everyone's lips: So, what do we call this thing? . . .
The answer, according to an Apple spokesman: "It's just 'iPad.' It's
what it is." . . .
Or it is what it isn't. It's not the iPad 3, and it's not the iPad HD. .
.

The longer Apple execs talked about the tablet computer's new features
-- better screen, faster connection -- without actually giving it a
name, the more anxious the People of the Internet became. . .

"Come on Apple, name it already," one person wrote.
"Is it an Anonymous iPad?" asked another. . . Perhaps this naming
convention -- sticking with a singular product name without numbers or
the names of cats to follow it -- isn't entirely new for Apple. One
journalist pointed out that the iPod follows the same tack.
. . . It probably would take more than a name snafu to change that.