On 06-Mar-2012 11:55 , John McKee wrote:
This just seems to get weirder and weirder.

After installing a PJL printer, Xerox 5135, I used notepad to print
a one line form, and directed that to tray 3. I did a print to file.
Looking at the file, it clearly has this:

1B 26 6C 32 33 48

Seems odd that the tray 3 select code would be 32 33 when document I
have states that 20 is tray 2. It would seem "logical" to assume
that tray 3 would be 21. No matter.

<<SNIP>>

After numerous searches for a PDL Reference /tips/ document which exist for so many other models, I finally encountered something on the xerox.com which suggests the drawer\tray specifications are different than what is shown in the document you have. They apparently provide a save file for a library with WSCST definitions for many different models.

* Date: Feb 28, 2012
* Version: 0714
* Size: 1.3 MB
* Format: ZIP
_i AS400 Workstation Customization Object Library for Xerox Products i_

After reading a document alluding to the existence of a "WSCO" tool from the "Drivers & Downloads", I located a copy using the following search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22wsco%22+%22as%2F400%22+OR+%22a%2F400%22+site%3Axerox.com

A PDF in the download is dc05cc0371 [typically dc05cc0371.pdf but with some versioning apparently dc05cc037111-0714.pdf] which includes a table showing drawer\tray mapping to PCL "int" in the ASCII string for "<esc>&lintH" as "media source" for the WC5135:

<code>

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; AS/400 Drawer Mapping to Trays-PCL parameter value
Products ;; WSCO ;;;; Drawer1 Drawer2 Drawer3; Drawer4; Drawer5 MPT or..
----------- --------- ------- ------- -------- -------- ------- -----
WC5135/5150 XRXWC51XX tray1-1 tray2-4 tray3-23 tray4-24 tray5-5 MPT-2

</code>

Thus, the above table suggests that Drawer-3 ["Source drawer" parameter specification DRAWER(3)] correlates to Tray-3, and is achieved using the "int"='23' in the PCL; i.e. '1B266C323348'X

For additional kwds and explanation of the tooling, some text from the PDF:
"
On the AS/400 command line, enter the following to create a save file in library QGPL, then press Enter:
CRTSAVF QGPL/XTOOLSxxxx /* XTOOLS0714 for this version */
1. Open a Windows command prompt. Start an FTP session then type PWD to verify QGPL is your current library. If not, change the current library to QGPL. FTP the library XTOOLSxxxx you retrieved from the zip file to the save file QGPL/XTOOLSxxxx you created in step 1. You must set the FTP upload file type to BINARY.
ftp> put XTOOLSxxxx XTOOLSxxxx
2. On the AS/400 command line, enter the following to restore the library XTOOLSxxxx:
RSTLIB SAVLIB(XTOOLSxxxx) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/XTOOLSxxxx)
3. Add XTOOLSxxxx to your library list.

_Compiling a WSCO_
Note: To access online help for each command, enter the command and press the Help (F1) key. To access context sensitive help, enter the command on the command line and press the Prompt key (F4) then place the cursor on a parameter and press Help (F1).

The process to create a WSCO requires that the source from the XTOOLSxxxx library is compiled for your AS/400 release. Use the command CRTXWSC to compile the WSCO and place the compiled file in the XTOOLSxxxx library.
"

Regards, Chuck