I do not have one of these printers, just a couple of SWAGs.

1) Assuming this printer is available to Windows users, have one of them
try printing from tray 3. Just to insure there's no hardware issue.
Pardon of you've already done this.

2) I use FormSprint on my System i. Many years ago, their support once
told me that tray <whatever> isn't always tray <whatever>. In an extreme
case, they had a customer with a printer that, for FormSprint to select
tray 2 from the System i, they actually had to tell it tray 7. Even though
it only had 2 trays. No, I don't remember what brand printer they had. I
have used IBM, Ricoh, and HP printers with FormSprint and never ran into
that.

Good luck.