Maybe take a look at this:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/SLKBase.nsf/0/34879f5e413aa5cd8625697b0053f36a?OpenDocument

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 3:39 PM, dino muzic <dimuzic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jack, thanks for reply!

apart from new parameters introduced in v7r1, SMTP attributes are the same

CHGSMTPA + F4

...(common part omitted)

OVRRJTCNNL *NO
ALWBARELF *YES
VFYID *NO
ALWAUTH *NONE
VFYMSFMSG *YES
VFYFROMUSR *ALL
FWDHUBSVR relay.mydomain.local

wrkdire setup is same on v5r4

SYSTEMI can ping and send outbound mail with no problem at all.
it can recive the inbound mail also, but it refuses to accept mail for
user@xxxxxxxxxxxx .
remember, mydomain.com is our pubblic domain name.

________________________________
From: Jack Kingsley <iseriesflorida@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2012 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: smtp and v7r1

Have you checked your SMTP attributes to see what they look like compared
to the old machine. Do you have the WRKDIRE setup. Can you ping your
gateway SMTP with any problems.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 7:56 AM, dino muzic <dimuzic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi,

recently upgraded from v5r4 to v7r1. we are running smtp and pop server
with msf framework all on one machine.

iseries(SYSTEMI) is acting as internal smtp server.
smtp traffic from and to internet is relayed through an intermediate
machine.

we use separate domain names
MYDOMAIN.LOCAL .... internal domain name
MYDOMAIN.COM .... public domain name

iseries (SYSTEMI) system configuration follows:

dspneta
SYSTEMI
APPN
SYSTEMI
SYSTEMI
BLANK
*ENDNODE
*NONE
*NONE
200
128
*LCLNETID *ANY

SYSTEMI interface ip:
1.1.1.4

tcp domain configuration:
HOSTNAME 'AS400'
DMNNAME 'MYDOMAIN.LOCAL'
DMNSCHLIST 'mydomain.local'
HOSTSCHPTY *LOCAL
INTNETADR 1.1.1.1
1.1.1.2

host table:
1.1.1.4 SYSTEMI.MYDOMAIN.LOCAL
AS400.MYDOMAIN.LOCAL
MYDOMAIN.LOCAL
MYDOMAIN.COM

dspdire user:
JOHN SYSTEMI
e-mail for user John Black
SYSTEMI
EMJOHN ..(user account)
JOHN SYSTEMI

SANDY SYSTEMI
e-mail for user Sandy White
SYSTEMI
EMSANDY ..(user account)
SANDY SYSTEMI

smtp alias table:
ID user SMTP . . . . . : jblack
Domain SMTP . . . . . . : MYDOMAIN.LOCAL

ID user SMTP . . . . . : swhite
Domain SMTP . . . . . . : MYDOMAIN.LOCAL

smtpa:
AUTOSTART *NO
RTYMIN
10
30
RTYDAY
0
0
RTYHOUR
0
0
RTYRMTSVR *NO
AUTOADD *NO
USRIDPFX QSM
ADDRESS QSMRMTAD
SYSNAME TCPIP
TBLTYPE *SYSTEM
USRIDDELIM '?'
MAILROUTER
*NONE
CCSID 00819
TBLSMTPOUT
*CCSID
TBLSMTPIN
*CCSID
FIREWALL *YES
JOURNAL *NO
ALLMAILMSF *YES
PCTRTGCHR *YES
DIALSCD *NO
ETRNSVR *NO
ETRNCLT *NO
MIME8BIT *NO
NFYDLVRY *NONE
SBSD QSYSWRK
QSYS
RBLSVR *NONE
ALWRLY *ALL
POPWDW 65535
IFCDMN *NONE
FTRACN *NONE
OVRRJTCNNL *NO
ALWBARELF *YES
VFYID *NO
ALWAUTH *NONE
VFYMSFMSG *YES
VFYFROMUSR *ALL
FWDHUBSVR relay.mydomain.local

Sending mail from:
internal to internal domain

jblack@mydomain.local to swhite@mydomain.local ..this mail is local
SYSTEMI
*this works on v5r4 and v7r1

internal to any domain on internet

jblack@mydomain.local to someuser@xxxxxxxxx ..this mail is relayed
through FWDHUBSVR ( relay.mydomain.local, which
is rewriting jblack@mydomain.local to jblack@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
*this works on v5r4 and v7r1

external world to internal domain

someuser@xxxxxxxxx to jblack@xxxxxxxxxxxx ..this mail is relayed
through
relay and delivered to SYSTEMI with recipient jblack@xxxxxxxxxxxx .
*this works on v5r4 not on v7r1!
*v7r1 replays with no delivery ( not able to deliver mail for user
jblack@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

seems as on v5r4 one could simply add reference to mydomain.com into
SYSTEMI host table and "override" the domain portion of smtp alias
table.
any ideas on how to "convince" the v7r1 to accept incoming smtp with
recipient domain portion mydomain.com?

any help would be appreciated
thanks
dino muzic