hi Thomas,

My Excel examples use an open source (*not* shareware) tool called POI. (starting with a "P") POI is a set of Java classes (it does not convert RPG or anything like that, it's just Java classes) for accessing Microsoft Office Documents. It's an Apache project, and you can learn more about it at:

http://poi.apache.org

It has nothing whatsoever to do with converting RPG into any other languages. I have written quite a bit about how to use those Java classes from RPG. You can find links to my articles here:

http://www.scottklement.com/poi/

RPG Into Objects (RIO -- starting with an "R") is a completely different and unrelated tool. It was a commercial product (not shareware) of ASC. ASC was later acquired by HelpSystems. I don't know what became of RIO. (And frankly, I don't particularly care what happened to it!)

-SK