Got a new Win 7 64-bit Intel machine at work. I downloaded version 7.1 of i Series Access (now called IBM i Access), which (appears) to provide a 32-bit and a 64-bit version.

The instructions say to run CWBLAUNCH.EXE and it will load the correct version for your hardware. When I started the install, it looked like it was installing the 32-bit version [The install directory was c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM]. It was late Friday, so I cancelled it.

On the IBM site I found this statement:

"Some functions can be used on AMD64 (Advanced Micro Devices 64-bit) processors or on Intel processors with EM64T."

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/xw1compare.html

So maybe 64-bit isn't fully supported? Does anyone have any experience with it on 64-bit Intel hardware? Or is it even worth worrying about 64-bit?

Thanks, Sam