Hi Cary,

Correct, O_SHARE_NONE prevents any other process from opening the file. And, yes, it is done by adding O_SHARE_NONE to the open flags (which you may call 'oFlag'?) on your call to the open() API.

Another process trying to open the file will get an error. For those processes, open() will return -1, and errno will be EBUSY (CPE3029).

Alternately, you could specify O_SHARE_RDONLY, which is similar, but allows others to read the file (but not modify it).

-SK