WRKREGINF
Exit
Exit Point
Point Format Registered Text
QIBM_QP0L_SCAN_CLOSE SCCL0100 *YES Integrated File System Scan o
QIBM_QP0L_SCAN_OPEN SCOP0100 *YES Integrated File System Scan o

The intention of the above is that when an IFS file is changed a virus
scanning program may then check it for a virus. There are vendors out
there who peddle such products. Below is one:
http://bytware.com/products/av/index.html

Now, there's nothing from stopping you from using one of those same exit
points for your purpose. Google them for more documentation.

Now, about using a NEP instead. There are pro's/con's to that. For
example, you may wish to shut down your NEP during period end close and
not post the data until later. Then again, there's nothing from stopping
you from using the exit point to simply put the name of the stream file on
to a data queue and then your NEP can process it when it starts back up
after period end.