I just ran across V7.1 PTF SI44334 for 5770TC1 APAR SE48980

TCPIP-SMTP-INCORROUT New feature support, sndsmtpemm

Looking at what is delivered in it:
Object Type
QTMSCSEAPI *SRVPGM
QTMSSNDEMM *PGM
SNDSMTPEMM *CMD
QPZ1TMS01 *PGM

And looking at all the command parms

SNDSMTPEMM RCP((REC.EMAIL@xxxxxxxxxxx *PRI))
SUBJECT('subject line')
NOTE('Email Note body')
ATTACH(('attachment' 'contentent type' *BIN))
CHARSET(*UTF8 *DFT)
CONTENT(*PLAIN)
SMIME(*NONE)
PASSWORD('password if needed')

Looks very interesting. No help file but maybe the parms will be outlined in an APAR sometime

googled and found:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=395515

Bryan