Ok, thanks, but to clarify it is possible for a system to hang and never go
restricted with the defaults of the command, that is what it looked like
when this took place.

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Clarification. I do NOT think it will set the abnormal flag in the system
values until the NEXT ipl. For example, I do an ENDJOBABN and DSPSYSVAL
QABNORMSW it will still say normal. I ipl and now it will say not normal.
Bet the farm on that.
And, yes, using ENDJOBABN will stop non MF* family of ptfs from applying.
Most MF* ptfs will apply though. This is why my documented IPL steps have
you check DSPPTF, WRKPTFGRP, GO LICPGM option 50 and DSPSYSVAL QABNORMSW
after the IPL. In fact if you KNOW you ran ENDJOBABN you're better off
doing a CHGIPLA STRRSTD(*YES) prior to your IPL just to make running a
second IPL easier. When I run an ENDJOBABN I do put a calendar entry to
remind me to adjust downtime instructions accordingly.

And, Jack, I think you had to run ENDSBS with either *IMMED or a DELAY of
something other than *NOLIMIT to bring your system down to just that job.
So, that being the case, running another ENDSBS wouldn't have done much.

You can't run ENDJOBABN against a job prior to it being ended with ENDJOB
or ENDSBS with either *IMMED or the delay exceeded by 10 minutes. It's in
the help. See also DSPMSGD CPF1359.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive