I was wondering about the capacity of a 3590 tape, and if it was
likely that we just managed to finally get large enough to need that
third tape. We >may< have been lower on usage - again, I don't look
at that often. Good to stay out of sa's turf - whether he looks or
not. I don't know if the SAVE 21 does data compression, or just how
much a 3590 can hold. I suspect things have improved DRAMATICALLY
since my days with the B50. We had a 2410 (might be wrong on the
drive number - been too long to mater) tape drive and 8G of DASD. I
got a few calls about the backup wiping out due to a tape error. It
was worse than pulling teeth to get new tapes and have older ones
(unknown age) tested for errors. Probably would have been done a
whole lot faster if the person who authorized purchase of tape got the
wake-up calls in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Eight+ hours for
backup.

John McKee