From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John McKee
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 7:45 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Removing duplicate records

During testing, I was real careful to clear this work file before each run. Managed to have one of "those" moments and failed to clear it prior to a production run. Result is that every record that should be in the file once is in the file twice.

Is there a way to remove duplicate records with SQL? They are completely identical. However, if it makes the process any simpler, the account number is guaranteed to not be used twice. Now, of course, had that field been described with DDS keyword UNIQUE, there wouldn't be an issue.

I can see possible ways to fix it, but would rather not have to wonder if I actually made it worse.

Thanks,

John McKee