Jack,

No. *EXIT is only there so you can run a command inside the control group such as one of the send message commands or to call a program. It's also used to run the SAVDOMBRM command that do a save while active save of Domino databases.

You'll see *EXIT there simply because some folks like to put them in. Use F11 to see what is behind the *EXIT.

One note, there is no method for determining if a command ran to completion without errors in a control group so error handling must be in the command prior to returning control back to the control group.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects