On 13-Jan-2012 11:49 , Ed Guevara wrote:
I wouldn't expect users to even know what a job log is, but what
really makes my blood boil is when developers do it.. and we see
that every single day.

We recently had a "developer" asking the admin team what was wrong
with the system because his job keep going into MSGW with a file
level identifier issue.

That is where good programming to include logging plus notification and\or separate recording of unexpected outcomes can play an important role.

I can rarely even coax such important and necessary details out of those who are savvy enough to visit these lists [even longtime participants, ¿mostly techs such as analysts, developers, and operators\administrators?], so I certainly would never expect a "user" to have any clue. Sometimes I wonder if they must think that they are protecting their intellectual property by keeping the necessary details to themselves ;-) If I were asking for help, I would rather assist them to assist me, by providing some worthwhile information.

Ironically a recent message of a different subject, posted by the OP for this thread, had included neither an error message nor a claim there were no errors issued, for a problem described merely in "words" that expressed the problem as an apparent issue with contention :-(

Regards, Chuck