Hi Rob,

That's very strange -- it shouldn't be showing you the screen at all, any output should be going to that file.

It's behaving as if you haven't set the QIBM_QSH_CMD_OUTPUT variable at all! Can you think of any reason this variable wouldn't get set before QShell is invoked?

If your code is accurate, you're doing this in a CL program immediately before invoking QShell -- so I can't see how it could be unset...