I recently made the late discovery of DCLPRCOPT. I've been applying its use to a number of our CLs to simplify the compiling steps.

Although it seems I've run into an issue. I don't see anywhere in the DCLPRCOPT documentation that says I can't bind modules in via a binding directory, but with the latest program change, we are binding in modules via CRTPGM. However when I switched the program to use DCLPRCOPT, I get some weird compile errors. I get 3 spool files with user data FFDC: service dump, job log, and display job information. The error is MCH42B0 - Object list referential extension not valid.

What works:
1. Compile with Option 15.
2. CRTPGM PGM(NINLIB/PREBIL2C) BNDDIR(NINLIB/PREBILUPDB)
TEXT('Pre-Billing File Updates')

What doesn't work:
DCLPRCOPT BNDDIR(PREBILUPDB)

Contents of the binding directory:
CLIENTS *SRVPGM *LIBL
VLDADDRESR *MODULE *LIBL
VLDBTNMSTR *MODULE *LIBL

I've tried qualifying the objects in the binding directory as well, but had the same error when using DCLPRCOPT.
I've double-checked my job description to make sure NINLIB is at the top (which it is).

We're at IBM i 7.1

Thanks,
Kurt Anderson
Sr. Programmer/Analyst