From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 3:24 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: In-house Reusable Code: Publishing and Documenting

Perhaps he should have given a reason. One, is that the dollar sign ($) is not an invariant character. With a different CCSID it will display as a different character. (Perhaps the British Pound?) I think the old sorcerer's redbook gave a suggestion to begin pointers with a lower case p like MyString pMyString So, he is just suggesting you evaluate an alternative to your procedure naming. You could go cobol wordy and name it something like srvpgmMyProcedure.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738