Basically, CRTDUPOBJ as far as I know...

Regorg wouldn't explain it, as mentioned, the files are empty.

Charles

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Alan Shore <ashore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Charles
How was the second set of objects created?
Save & restore of individual libraries, or a save and restore of individual objects, or some type of copy
The reason I ask this is I seem to remember that copying a file does a form of re-org on that file with respect to deleted records.
I don't know if this is true with save and restore though

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Direct Response
E:AShore@xxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 10:56 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Compare libraries across systems or on the same system

All,

Trying to compare libraries, ie. the complete set of objects in a particular library vs. the set of objects in another library, either on the same machine or on a different machine.

Right now, I'm doing so via querying the output of DSPOBJD like so...
with <<snipped code adding prefix to columns>> , FO
   as (select * from SYSA left outer join SYSB
          using (ODOBNM, ODOBTP, ODOBAT)
        UNION ALL
        select * from SYSA right exception join SYSB
          using (ODOBNM, ODOBTP, ODOBAT)
       )
select * from FO
where o_odlbnm is null or p_odlbnm is null  or o_odobsz <> p_odobsz or o_odcpvr <> p_odcpvr  or o_ODSRCD <> p_ODSRCD;

All boxes are at v5r4, and should be at the same PTF level...

First of all, is there a better way to do this?

Second, I notice that some of the differences in sizes don't seem to have any reason...

Example for one PF, which has 0 members and the same format on box boxes:
System A, object size 20480
System B, object size 28672

I think I recall reading something about why this is the case, perhaps because system B has 6TB of disk and System A has only 0.85TB?

Is there anyway to account for this in my comparisons?

Thanks!

Charles