Yes, SCS can have an AFP overlay. Host Print Transform converts the AFP to HP-PCL.

Take a look at the WSCST or MFRTYPMDL being invoked for that device. Is it the right one for HP1320?

Also be aware that COR can turn the page and twist your overlay right out of the print area. This is common on SCS streams.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rich Loeber
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 1:47 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: AFP Overlay w/*SCS Spool File

Hello list.

Does a spool file have to be *AFPDS in order for an AFP overlay to print?
Seems to me that I recall being able to print an AFP overlay on an *SCS
spool file, but it is not working for me now on my V5R4 system. I have an
HP1320 connected through iSeries Access. I have host print transform
active, but I'm just getting the spool file output and the overlay is
being dropped. When I convert that same spool file to PDF (using our own
software) the overlay shows up in the PDF.

Rich Loeber - @richloeber
Kisco Information Systems
[1]http://www.kisco.com
SDG