have a look at this doc:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/584a2dee8678698386256624004b527e?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,lpr

Document Number: 12594243
Document Title
TSPRWPR Remote Writer Page Range Support Exit Program

Document Description
Note: This document previously was entitled Page Range Support on Remote Output Queue (LPR)

The TSPRWPR exit program allows a user to have only a specific page range printed or sent using remote output queues (RMTOUTQs) that are configured with a connection type of *IP or using the LPR or SNDTCPSPLF commands. This page range support is provided only for *SCS or *AFPDS spooled files that are transformed to ASCII before being sent. The specific page range to use is extracted from the attributes for each spooled file at the time the file is printed or sent. This exit program can also be used on remote output queues that are configured with a connection type of *IP to provide the same page range function.

Bryan

On , Michael Naughton <michael_naughton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does this mean that a remote outq can be set up to handle page ranges? If so, how would that be done?

Thanks!

Midrange Systems Technical Discussion midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>This is why remote outqs don't handle page range (by default). It always

>sends the whole spooled file (unless you use an exit program to

>workaround that), as if planning to re-queue it somewhere else. The

>original Unix systems didn't have an option for "page range" in the

>control file -- though, some (such as AIX) added it later... thus the

>DESTOPT(XAIX) workaround.

Mike Naughton

Senior Programmer/Analyst

Judd Wire, Inc.

124 Turnpike Road

Turners Falls, MA 01376

413-676-3144

Internal: x 444

mnaughton@xxxxxxxxxxxx

NOTICE: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that any use is

strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by replying to it and then delete it from your computer.